H is for: Hop, Skip and Go {Naked}

I know "i" week would normally start on a Sunday, but I'm breaking the rules this week. (My blog, my rules). For one, it's a holiday weekend. For two, "i" is always a tough one for me. For three, I will be gone most of the week for a wedding.

Speaking of the holiday weekend...if you are headed to a BBQ or party for the Memorial Day holiday and stumped for what to bring, I've got your answer right here. This might quite possibly be the easiest recipe I've ever posted on the blog. In fact, calling it a "recipe" might be generous. But people are always asking me how to make this, so I decided why not post it on the blog.

This is a carryover from my college days at WSU. (Mom, this is what my college education bought me.) I'm pretty sure this was a party punch dreamed up by some frat guy in an evil scheme to get girls drunk. Well, guess what? It worked. (Hence the name).



Just for the record, I did not name this drink. It really is called "Hop, Skip and Go Naked." (Or Skip 'n Go for short). If there is any question why it got this name, just look at the ingredients: Beer, Lemonade, Vodka. It sounds like a ridiculous and weird combination, but for some reason it just works. It's dangerously strong because you really just taste the sweetness from the lemonade. You will literally be hopping to grab yourself more, skipping around from your happy drunkeness and if you drink too much...well, you know where I'm going with this. (On a related note, some people refer to these as Pink Panty Droppers for similar reasons).


As for the ingredients....dump in two cans of frozen lemonade concentrate. I like pink or raspberry lemonade. I made this in a cute pitcher, but as my fellow WSU alum Dawn pointed out, this was often made in a large garbage can during college. (Oh, the good ol' days).


Don't bother with expensive vodka or beer. An adequate vodka and crappy light beer will do just fine. It's sort of what adds to the charm of this drink. You'll need an entire fifth of vodka.


As for the beer, I use about 5 of them. Use six if you don't like it as sweet or you want more fizz. (And yes, I know how ridiculous it sounds to say "5-6 beers, to taste" as if it's salt or hot sauce). But seriously, taste it after 5 and add one more if you want.


And that's it! Give it a stir until the lemonade melts and serve. Don't bother with lemon slices. I just did that to make it look pretty in the photo. And as always, please drink responsibly. Have a safe and fun Memorial Day!

Hop, Skip & Go Naked (aka Skip 'N Go)

by Jaymee Sire
Keywords: beverage cocktail beer lemonade vodka Tailgate Super Bowl

Ingredients
Instructions
  1. Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher or drink dispenser and stir. Serve over ice. Enjoy! (And drink responsibly).
Powered by Recipage

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,